Saturday, January 5, 2008

Christmas 2007

So this year I celebrated Christmas twice. See even at 34 you still get the chance to have Christmas twice when your parents are divorced. I spent Christmas Eve with my mom and MomMom as we normally do. I also treated them to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory like I normally do. We started that tradition a few years ago and it has just stuck. Then after Dinner I opened my presents from my Mom and from MomMom and they opened theirs from me. Grover got to open his present from MomMom so that I could see it. He is in love with his new toy, literally. He has found himself a new girlfriend. Her name is Pearl and he had a little trouble unwrapping her since she is 3-4 times his size.






That night after the presents were opened I packed up my car and early Christmas morning I headed up to Maine. Now as one might imagine the roads were pretty empty at 6AM Christmas morning. They were pretty bare most of my trip up and the trip that normally can take 6-10 hours was made in a mere 6 hours and 35 minutes a personal best for me. I chalk it up to almost no traffic and a slight lead foot on my part. It also appears that in most states cops were given the memo it was Christmas day since I did not see one cop, well that is until I reached Maine then I saw at least a dozen. Someone forgot to give them the memo it was a holiday.



I arrived in great time at my dad’s house, used the restroom and ate some lunch. Then after the girls finished watching a movie it was time to open presents. Emily and Susie were very happy I made it earlier than I had planned on making it there because it meant they didn’t have to wait till after dinner to open presents. It was my first Christmas with my almost 21 year old baby sister so that was fun to get to have a Christmas with her.


As you can see from the picture we had quite the landfill of wrapping paper after unwrapping everything. This is only about 2/3 of it since we had cleaned up a slightly smaller pile earlier. No reducing our carbon foot print this year.




As we finished unwrapping our presents Bobbi’s family started to arrive for Christmas Day dinner, and their family gift exchange. We were informed that little 4year old Nicky wanted to be called Nick going forward. He was not overly thrilled with seeing the “y” at the end of his name on his gift tags but got over it quickly. He was more than happy to still open his gifts. He also helped his baby brother open his.




All in all it was a great Christmas. I wonder what next Christmas will bring.