Monday, January 21, 2008

Parting is such sweet sorrow…

So I headed back to work today and my family headed back to their respective homes. It was a short visit but as always we were laughing the whole time. With this group there is always comedy that ensues.

We did manage to get in a little shopping before the family left and we went to see a movie. At Jeff and Ryan’s request we went to see 27 dresses. They were so excited over the idea of seeing this movie we could not possibly disappoint them.

Okay Jeff didn’t really mind going to see it and Ryan was happy as long as we sedated him with movie theatre popcorn. We bought a large and poured it into ziplock bags so everyone had some to munch on then sent Ryan out for the free refill so he could have the entire bucket to munch on during the movie. Towards then end we thought he might hurl in the bucket from the sappy ending.

Some things to note after this weekend…. You apparently can inherit a lot more than eye color and nose shape from your family. For instance some how both Brad and Ryan inherited the “I despise Nicholas Cage” gene (I mean they both really can't stand the guy), Ryan and I inherited the "everything is better with movie theatre popcorn" gene. While my mother and Jamie both have the “I like to buy clothes and keep them in the closet with tags on” Gene. While Jamie, Ryan and I all inherited the Messy gene, although I apparently got a double, maybe triple dose of that one. My aunt inherited the “once you are a senior citizen you can’t eat after 6:30” gene from my grandmother. I think we all got the “we pick on you because we love you” gene. The list goes on...

All in all it was a great visit even if it was a bit short, and really cold out and poor Ryan had to be drug shopping and to a chick flick. I miss them already and I am already planning to go visit Jamie and Jeff this summer for a few days. Okay family if you are reading this leave a comment...