Friday, January 18, 2008

The case of the disappearing spaghetti

I chose to work from home today because I was running a fever last night and was feeling rather sick to my stomach. I decided not to take my germs to work with me and make anyone else sick for the weekend. By lunch time I was not feeling as sick so I decided to make myself some “real food” to eat. In other words I opened the freezer and chose the Lean cuisine spaghetti and microwaved it for the appointed time. Yea I know I live such a glamorous and gourmet life. After the microwave chimed to let me know my lunch was ready I took it back upstairs with me so I could eat it while working. Of course I am only about ½ way done when the doorbell rings, so I go down to and answer the door and then the dog decided he “needed” to go outside. Really just wanted to go outside and bark at anything he saw move, people, other dogs, a leaf blowing by...

So after all that I make my way back to my desk and my lunch only to find the nifty little tray I had prepared it in was licked clean. Now I knew I had not finished it and I did not have to look far to find the guilty party. Joey, my cat, was sitting next to my desk where the empty tray sat licking his paws and cleaning his face. Who knew cats liked spaghetti.