Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Ground hog’s day

I know that big rodent Punxsutawney Phil, the groundhog, saw his shadow today in Punxsutawney, PA. SO yes that means six more weeks of wintery weather, have to say that Phil is not my favorite oversized rodent of the moment.

However I have always been a fan of groundhog’s day. Why? Well it sure isn’t because I believe that a fuzzy little critter ripped by someone from his little stump where he sleeps can predict how much winter we have left. I just have a thing for little odd holidays and having grown-up in PA I have an odd attraction to this particular holiday.

I had thought since it fell on a Saturday it would be a fun day to throw a party and when I ran it by a few people they thought it was weird so I nixed it. But what do the rest of you think? Would it have been fun to throw a party with a summer/beach theme? Have everyone where the most hideously gaudy Hawaiian shirts, throw on some shorts or capri’s and favorite pair of flipflops. Serve summer foods like hamburgers and hotdogs, fruit salad, potato salad, and the like. Of course the party would not be complete without a screening of the movie “Groundhog’s Day”