Sunday, February 10, 2008

Retail Therapy, feeding an addiction and avoiding the inevitable.

Yep that is how I would sum up my Saturday night. As a few of you know my cat, Joey is very sick and most like will not pull through without a miracle at this point. Most of the day Saturday I was keeping an eye on him while trying to get some studying done for my midterm. About 7 Pm I decided I needed a little retail therapy. So off the Barnes and Noble I headed. Yes I confess my retail therapy was at the book store and there was not a piece of clothing, a purse or pair of shoes involved, a travesty I know. Instead I fed my photography addiction by purchasing a a couple of photography magazines and a photography book. Now I probably would have stayed at the book store a while longer if I had not had my sense of smell bombarded so strongly. There were several people milling around that were in a major need of a shower, some soap, and had clothing that needed to be introduced to a washing machine, most were teenage boys that I am guessing were playing sports earlier in the day or rolling around in horse poo.

So after I left I was still feeling the desire to avoid working on my midterm study guide since I was finding a lot of what was said to be on the test was stuff we had not read yet and I was feeling a bit stressed over that. I thought about stopping at Lowe's and picking up some Plexiglas I want to play with and the Krylon spray paint I want to help spruce up my camera case. However I decide it was probably best in my current state of mind I didn't play with spray paint. So instead of extending my retail therapy to Lowes I headed home... Oh what a glamorous life I live. I know you are all super Jealous of me and who can blame you...