Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Let the great clean up begin

So My friend Val has a very inspiring blog. It has things from thrifty craft projects, to fun recipes, gardening tips, healthy eating tips, cute pet pics, A great idea for thrifty cloth napkins and the latest thing that caught my eye is her cleaning challenge. She has already attacked her linen closet and bedroom closet with pictures included in other posts, so be sure to look for those. I confess I would be happy if my closet looked as good as her before pictures.

I have been trying to weed through things but without much luck and very little purpose behind said cleaning and purging. But last weekend I did pull out all my purses and bags and managed to get rid of about 1/3 of what I had. Ideally I should have probably gotten rid of 2/3, but it is still a tiny step in the right direction. I have other bags in the basement I need to go through too, but decided not to drag them up and will attack that when I get tot he basement cleaning. So each week I am going to tackle a new project or area of the house. I won’t be able to do everything I want since my mom lives with me and she is worse about holding onto things then I am. Although to her credit we did manage to get rid of 10 bags of clothes of hers not too long ago, it hardly made a dent in what she still has left but it was a great stride, and it took us hours to do. We also managed to throw away a trash bags worth of kitchen gadgets and such that were broken or just of no use any more.

So each week I will venture forth to clean out things, condense and organize. I might even take pictures from time to time of the before and after when I remember.

I think I need my cousin-in-law Jeff to come out and work his magic, that man can clean and purge like nothing else.