Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Graduation day

Phew, graduation weekend was a whirlwind but now it is time to get the blog up. Since my cousin Ryan refuses to get facebook I have to post this blog so he can see the pictures and stop bugging me about when I am goign to blog them.

It was great to have a few out of town guests, my Dad and Bobbi made it for the weekend from Maine. Plus my cousin Ryan and his girlfriend Michelle also made it from Boston. Jamie, Aunt Lois and Ellie didn't make it, which was a bummer but hopefully they will come visit later this summer.

My Dad and Bobbi arrived Friday night and we went out to dinner at the cheese cake factory. It was just them, my mom and I which was nice.

Saturday morning was when my graduation took place and I was just glad the rain had held off. It was really warm and humid but no rain which was good. Things started right on time. Since they give the evening students their diplomas first we had to sit through the rest. I admit I was really pretty zoned out most of the time during the speakers, as were most other people. I even started snappign pictures with my little point and shoot to pass the time.

The funniest thing was when the fire alarm at the fire station literally right next to us went off. They usually ring the siren 2 maybe 3 times but today they rang it 9 times. Then the 1 fire truck that drove by had sirens blaring even though the road was closed for graduation and no one was on it. Yea you might say they are not big fans of the dean or the college in general. I just thought it was funny , but it was loud and hard on the ears.

I was spoiled big time this weekend.

My Aunt Lois got me the Blythe doll I wanted. She swore my mom was pulling one over on her when she told my aunt this is what I wanted. Here is a quick snap shot of Penelope Paprika… more photos to follow.





My Aunt also got me personalized M&M’s I am not sure if I should be flattered or disturbed that my face is on these. While Penny helped her regaina favorite Aunt status after bailing on graduation, these disturbing portraits almost made her lose it again. But hey chocolate is choclate and they still taste great.




My dad is extremely proud of the fact I graduated with a 4.0 Check out the hat he got when we were walking around the mall. He finally got a hat I would not be embarrassed to see him wearing, of course he gave it to me so he will still be wearing the dreaded cheerios hat. I am thinking I should wear it to my sister’s college graduation this summer. You know to just remind her that even though she is the tall, thin, pretty sister, I am the smart one. :-)



Aside from the hat he and Bobbi got me this very pretty bracelet and matching earrings. I love it…






My cousin Ryan and the other 4.0 Michelle gave me cash, yep that went right into my fund which will be used for either a laptop or the “zebra” lens I really want. I was so happy they were able to make it down. I can’t wait till the next time they visit so we can see some of the sites in the area. I got really lucky Michelle came because she was able to take some pictures for me of graduation. They will be at the end of this post. Thanks again Michelle for doing that for me. I love them.

From Jamie, Jeff and little Ellie I got this very cool clock. It was once a camera that was turned into a clock. It is right up my alley that is for sure. I still have to decide where I will keep it. It still didn't bump her or Jeff up to number one again but you know it kept them from slipping any further.




My grandmother got me a right angle view finder. She had no idea what it was used for but knew I wanted it thanks to my mom getting something from my wish list for her to give me.

Speaking of my wish list from B&H my mom went crazy shopping from it. I was expecting my ipod that I picked out 2 months ago and the speakers I got for it. Which I did get but she also got me a lens I wanted, and a bunch of other accessories I had on my wish list. I was seriously stunned, and very thankful. She also treated everyone to dinner at the William Penn Inn.





Dinner was great. My friend Missy joined us which was great. I was really happy to have her there. She gave me this very cool snow globe, with a very nice engraving. She didn’t even realize it plays pomp and circumstance. Good thing she didn’t realize that because Bobbi would have started crying at the dinner table had she known.









Here are some of the Pictures that were taken at graduation. Thanks Again Michelle K.