Sunday, March 16, 2008

Would you like some Preparation H with your Birthday cake?

If you were visit the home of my foster brother Chris and his wife Donna you would not be offered ice cream to go with your birthday cake, nope they would ask you if you would like a little Preparation H to go with your cake. But with Chris and Donna this is not a complete shock to hear something so random. When you hear it is because their son refers to “Ice cream” as “Ass Cream” it makes perfect sense, does it not. Yep this is just one of the fun tidbits I learned yesterday when I went to meet the newest member of the Sam Mautz clan, Aaron. He was born on Wednesday evening and I went down to VA to take some baby pictures and of course visit for a bit. Oh the stories that can be told when this family gets together.

Here are a few pictures I took of the baby while I was there. I have not had a chance to really edit them yet but wanted to share what I have.






Here is Aaron letting me know.. "Enough with the pictures already, I am only 3 days old for crying out loud, cut me some slack."

Hannah being the super mommy that she is wanted to help make the transition of being an only child to being a big sister for Erica a bit more exciting. So she asked her mom to bake a cake for Baby Aaron’s 0 birthday. We sang Happy Birthday 3 times and Erica and Daddy got to blow out the candles 2 times for baby Aaron and of course Erica got to open presents.





Erica had a really good day. She loves her Aunt Marit who plays with her


And Aunt Chell brought her Play-Doh, don't worry I made sure it was okay to give it to her ahead of time.


As I was reminded in some great talks today in Church Family is very important. For me my family needs a bit of a road map to follow and my family comes in many flavors and styles, but I love them all and am thankful for them all in my life and the joy each part brings. It was good to see some of the family that really was instrumental in making me feel like I belonged to a family and that loved me for me, quirks and all.