Friday, October 10, 2008

Baby showers, conferences and other things I have missed

So Thursday night there was a baby shower for Aubrey from church. Sadly I had to miss it because the night got switched from Friday to Thursday. But I did still want to drop off my gift. I made a Diaper cake for her, it was not my best work but still liked the way it turned out.





Saturday there is a Time out for Women Event here in Philly. I was all set to go, and was thankful when Cindy ordered my ticket through her group buy. However today I decided I am going to skip it. I admit that the thought of driving down by myself and sitting by myself for the day really didn’t appeal, no matter how wonderful the conference would be. It is an anxiety attack just waiting to happen. It seems that everyone already had their carpool groups, or train ride group and admittedly I am not a part of any of these groups so it would have been a fabulous day of me myself and I, and really they are not all that great of company. So I just opted not to go, and instead might spend a little quality time with my camera tomorrow since the weather is supposed to be nice and I really have not been able to get out and take many pictures lately. Of course it is more likely I will spend most of the day working on homework since next week is my last week of the semester. Which means only 3 courses left…..

Pretty much I have been disconnected from everything other than work and school. I am thankful to be employed though and to be finally able to finish my education. (Weel at least part of my education, the jury is still out on going for a master's degree or not) So I have more than enough to keep me busy. Just wish I didn’t feel like such an outsider at church…