Friday, August 22, 2008

A reunion 30 years in the making

So I think most of us are aware of the evils that can come from sites like facebook, myspace, and the like. However, there are some good things about them also. Case in point, a little over a month ago I got a message on facebook from someone asking if I had attended the North Penn School district. I replied letting her know that other than Kindergarten nope I had not been in the district. Well it turns out I was the person she was looking for.

It was my old friend Missy from Kindergarten that I had not seen in close to 30 years. She was someone I played with a lot that year in school and went to her house outside of school, fell down a big hill in a bicycle accident, and helped her pick on her younger siblings.

If you can say you have a best friend in Kindergarten Missy would have been mine. Sadly we moved int he middle of the year and even though I finished the year out there after that summer we lost touch. That is until she tracked me down on facebook.

Here we are in August of 79 probably one of the last times we saw one another.




I cropped her brother and sister out of the picture so you can focus on the beauty that is us.



Fast forward 29 years and here we are from tonight, almost 30 years after we first met.



It took a couple weeks to get our schedules to mesh with school, work and vacations but we met for dinner tonight and it was like we had never lost touch over all those years. Things were completely cool, laid back and fun. I see many more night's out in our future as our schedules allow. We have a lot in common still and are looking forward to getting to know each other all over again. Oh and how cool is it she still has her sticker book and a collection of Strawberry shortcake dolls. Us children of the 80's have to hang together....