Friday, August 1, 2008

My latest vacation to Maine

So I realize I have been neglecting my blog lately. I promise some new posts though from my latest vacation. The pictures will have to wait till after I get home though..

So I woke up at 4 AM yesterday and was on the road by 4:20. Since I was able to avoid a good amount of traffic I made good time I arrived in 7 hours 10 minutes..

The drive was fairly uneventful, well except that stupid rock that hit my windshield and left a divot in it.. grrrrr.

Saw some rather interesting things, as always. One thing that amazed me was this guy cruising along on his motorcycle going about 70 mph with a ball cap on. No it isn't that he didn't have a helmet on because that is a personal choice, but that he was able to keep that ball cap on his head at those speeds. I mean was the thing super glued to his head, velcroed, or maybe stapled on? Seriously I was amazed, and kept waiting for it to fly off but never saw it leave his head.

The other thing that is worth mentioning is also related to a guy on a motorcycle and oh how I wish I had a picture of this one cause it was special. There was a rather large man riding on a motorcycle. This individual was wearing a pair of denim overalls. You know just your typical denim overalls, however he had on no shirt and he had a super dark farmer's tan. So here is a guy cruising along with no shirt, but his pale skin against his farmer's tan looking like a hairy skin shirt and his old beat-up overalls with his hairy fat rolls just a flapping in the wind as he cruised down the highway doing about 80. I know my description just does not do it justice but it made me do a double take.


Other than that it was pretty uneventful. It was clear with no rain till the last 20 minutes when it started to pour. AFter I arriced we went out for lunch, then I came home and showered and changed so we could head down to the airport to pick up my siblings, Josh's flight was delayed but he finally made it, but poor Susie had her flight cancelled so she comes in at lunch time today. poor kid. We went out dinner wating to hear from her, dinner was eventfull. It took forever to get our food, and some of it was not all that good. We ended up getting some of it comped and got 2 free deserts. We finally got back home and I was beat so I was in bed by midnight...

Stay tuned for more updates and pictures once I get home.