Friday, July 11, 2008

Vacation Part 3 - Get out of the way moron

Friday was the 4th of July, my mom's birthday (Don't worry I called her) and raining so perfect outlet shopping weather. I know, I know MORE shopping?? Yep Jamie, Jeff and I headed to the outlet mall for a day of shopping. See when I am around Jamie something happens and my dormanty shopping gene becomes reactivated. Oh and yep Jeff actually likes to shop.

I would have to say it was a great success for all of us. Jamie made out the best but when you are as cute as her it is tough not to find cute things to buy! We were all tired from shopping when we got home and took little naps.



Jeff then went to hang out with some friends and Jamie and I drove downtown to see the fireworks. (The downtown thing is not Jeff's thing) We used Jeff's parking pass from work and went to the top of the parking garage for a great view of the fireworks. Right before they started a bunch of people who had been out to dinner made their way to the top of the garage to see them too.

Now these are not the greatest shots since I was hand holding my camera but I had to take them just the same. It was a fun night till the finale when we had ash and paper raining down on us. LOL












Driving home there was a lot of traffic as people tried to leave the city. We were driving down a narrow side street when on the other side a cop had sirens blaring and this little hatchback was in front of him was just putting along but not pulling over in any of the numerous spots he could have, Just as the cop car was next to ours the officer gets on his loud speaker and yells to the little car. "get out of the way, Moron." We were cracking up all the way home after that. It really was pretty funny.

Ernie decided to be a traitor and sleep in my room that night. He is such a funny little guy. I gave him the nickname of Ernesto in honor of his mexican heritage since he is part Chihuahua.

Saturday was sadly my last day there, can't believe how fast the week went. Jeff headed out to a friends house and Jamie and I ran a few errands (Like shipping some of my purchases home) then went over to her classroom to work on it a bit more. It was hot though because the AC was not on. She is going to have some super cute bulletin boards this year.

She was really happy to see her new iMacs had been set up, too bad she didn't have a username or password to log on and play though.









After that we went for some Dairy Queen to cool off and then headed home and crashed for a bit before going to 5 guys for dinner. After that we went to pick up Jeff and his car and headed back to the house and played a little Wii. Yep Jeff let us play with the Wii. I did okay at bowling but stunk bad at Darts!! Pretty fun toy, and I guess I am lucky I don't have anyone to play with at home or I would want one!!




I of course played ball with Ernie again and he decided to sleep in my room again. I think he started to forget who he belonged to. *sigh* I miss the little guy.

Sunday I was up early and headed home. I am ready to go back already, even if it was not the most glamorous vacation it was fun just to kick back and relax. (well that is when my slave driver cousin wasn't making me work on her classroom, be her personal assistant, forcing me to be creative or play ball with her dog.) LOL