Friday, July 11, 2008

Vacation Part 2

So Tuesday was another great day weather wise.

So since the weather was so nice what did we do? Errands of course and a little fun shopping.

We wne to Hobby Lobby so Jamie could find a frame and Mat for another one of her wedding pictures. It turned out great looking.

I swear Jeff has Radar for when Jamie spends money. Like 30 minutes after she bought some adorable Coach sunglasses from TJ Maxx he was on the phone asking her what she spent money on at TJ Maxx, Uncanny I tell you. I managed to find a cute jacket at TJ Maxx also, so it was a good stop. We also did some other little shopping it was a productive day, I of course managed to find some little things to use as props in pictures!! It is an illness I tell you!

For dinner I treated Jamie and Jeff to dinner at the Mellow Mushroom for pizza. It was great BBQ chicken pizza. After dinner we stopped at a couple stores then it was home to veg for us girls and Jeff retreated to the man cave to play his Wii "the Godfather" game. We tried to watch the one movie we rented but as I mentioned it was horrible, so we just took it back. We did have another good malt night thanks to the Magic bullet...

Wednesday - Another nice day weather wise but a little on the warm side. The started with Jeff heading to the dentist for a root canal. Yep they both went to the dentist unexpectedly while I was visiting, what are the odds.

We went to Jamie's new school so I could help her start to unpack all her boxes and get the room set up. Man does she have a lot of stuff to sort through and get organized. I don't envy her having to go through it all. We made a lot of great progress though. I could just unpack the bozes and hand stuff to her to put away. Wasn't it sweet of her to put me to work on my vacation, she is such a slave driver!! Actually I had fun helping her pick a theme for her room but don't let her know, or she will want me to come back out next summer to help.

Wednesday night we went to a little demonstration party someone she knew was having and then we headed back home for Jeff's famous spaghetti and meatballs. In the end Jeff retreated to the man cave again, hmm maybe I didn't use enough deoderant while I was there since he kept bailing on us and hiding in the man cave.

Thursday - this is where the weather took a turn, it rained all day and ruined the plans to go see Weird Al in concert. Total Bummer. How cool would it have been to seen Weird Al? We did manage to get some adorable pictures of her friends baby Miss B. Yep I can't even go on vacation without finding a sweet baby to photograph. I love it!!







After that we did a little running around then headed back to the homestead so I could play ball with Ernie again. LOL



Since the concert was out Jeff and I convinced Jamie to go see "Hancock" at the movies. She is more of a chick flick kind of movie goer, so this was really out of the box for her but she ended up really liking it. I didn't know there was some major twist in the movie and guessed it early on.

Before the movie we went out for Mexican food. The food was great, despite them having some staff issues with people getting up an walking out on the job!! But hey we got our meal comped so I say I treated them again for dinner since I left the tip!! Okay so that is slightly cheating but I will take credit where I can.

Of course after the movie Jeff retreated to the man cave and Jamie and I vegged for a while and Ernie wanted to play ball. See I told you it was a kick back vacation!!

Okay that's all for now. Only one more vacation post after this one I swear. Next time I need to try to keep up with my blog while I am away!!