Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Vacation part 1

So I have been back from Vacation for a few days but have been so busy I have not had a chance to update my BLOG...

My first day out there was very kicked back. We ran to Blockbuster to pick up a few movies, Dan in real life, and "My mother's new Boyfriend" . Now Dan in real life was hysterical, the other movie which the lady at blockbuster talked us into getting was TERRIBLE and we shut it off 1/2 way through!!

Then it was over to Walmart to pick a few things up. We of course all got sucked into the vortex of the $5 movie bin, and each picked one out, we had "fools rush in", "Airplane", and "The Toy". Jamie and Jeff needed some curtain rods which they got, a new toaster, which was sadly out of stock, and some food for dinner. As we were checking out we all took a stab at the total for the purchases. I naturally won with my uncanny ability to guess totals. I was off by a whopping $.99 and as a prize I get to keep the $5 DVD of the Toy.

So we headed home and Jeff being Jeff had to hang the curtain rods right away. I would have left them hang around for weeks before I finally got them hung up.. Although I was shocked he hung the curtains up wrinkled, completely shattered my image of him. Naturally he was multi tasking while doing this by cooking the Bratwurts on the grill while hanging curtains. Both turned out great.

Jamie and I put the magic bullet to use and tried to make salsa, Try being the key here. It looked like Vomit at first and the onion we used was way to strong so it was like cold onion soup. We did recover the look a little by adding tomatoes, but sadly it never really did work out right. So magic bullet attempt #1 was a bust!!

Now our WW mac and cheese recipe was a much better success. It was great with our cheddar cheese bratwursts.

Jamie and I watched a little HGTV, and then popped in Dan in real life while Jeff was playing on the Wii in his Man cave down stairs.

Then was use #2 of the magic bullet. Jeff made Malts. This was a much bigger success than our failed salsa.

On Monday Jamie ran to the Dentist and I watched Ernie, well okay I wore Ernie out by playing ball with him for close to an hour, and did a little photo session with him!! He is only slightly more cooperative than Grover.







Then it was off to Panera for lunch(love it when you have a gift card!), and then off to the zoo.

I took way too many pictures as you can see but it was fun. I would have gotten a picture of the visiting koala's but they sleep 18-22 hours a day so they are not all that entertaining, but with that sleep schedule I think in my next life I want to be a koala.





This little guy was totaly posing for us while I took his picture, don't you love his smile??









Someone was having a really bad hair day!!
















The butterfly exhibit was really cool and Jamie and I were determined to get pictures of the blue butterflies, and it was a challenge!!











Finally a blue one



The weather was perfect, and we ended the day at the Dolphin show.



After that we headed to the store to get stuff to make tacos, and pick up wine for Jamie's bachorlette get together with friends. I am no help in picking stuff like that out so I just agreed on the fact the bottle looked really cool, which it did!!



Dinner is where magic bullet attempt #3 was made and sadly it failed again. Jeff tried to dice tomatoes in it, they were more like pureee instead. After Dinner Jeff retired to the Man cave to play Wii again and 2 of Jamie's friends came over for the bachelorette.

Okay since this post is already too long I will end for here and update more on my vacation later in the week.