Tuesday, September 25, 2007

An update on the eyes and other things

So I thought today would be a good day for a Blog update. It has been 10 days since my PRK laser eye surgery and I just got back from the eye doctor. Apparently there are 2 kinds of patients when it comes to PRK. The type that completely heal in 7-10 days, also known as the ones I despise and want to kick and the ones like me that can take 6-8 weeks to heal up. So that means another 4-6 weeks of not so great vision for me. I was assured though it will get better, good thing since right now my vision isn’t good enough to be considered legal to drive at night. It has been a bit frustrating but I have to tell you after talking to Dr. Grey today I felt a little better about the fact that things are still fuzzy and hazy. She had the same surgery that I did and it took her about 6 weeks to heal completely. Still it is a bit frustrating and it makes doing homework, and working a bit more of a challenge and the headaches are not all that fun. So for anyone reading this considering getting PRK done make sure you know there is a chance you could fall into the group that takes weeks if not months to completely heal. There will be good days and bad days. The last 2 days have been good ones for me, as far as the fact that I am seeing the best I have since the surgery but for some reason on Sunday it was one of the worst days I had, so it will fluxuate.

Aside from that I came out of my house this morning to find my car had been vandalized and robbed. Not a great way to start the day. If I wasn’t going to be out of town this weekend I would be cleaning out my side of the garage to get my car in it. Hopefully mom will at least get started on it so the following weekend we can finish it up.

I did manage to get ½ of my homework for this week completed which is a good thing. Now I just need to get the rest finished up by Thursday. This semester is not going as smoothly as my first two this summer but I am not overly concerned at this point. I will just do my best to get things completed on time. I will have to take some work with me when I go to Maine this weekend but I don’t want to fall behind so it is a necessary evil.

I hope I am able to see well enough to take all the picture I want to take while I am in Maine this coming weekend. Thank goodness for auto focus cause there is no way I could manually focus a camera with my eyes like this. Hmm that reminds me I need to get my submission for the art show sent in. I will post the ones I end up submitting in a blog later this week.