Thursday, September 6, 2007

Hmm a life without glasses?????

Well I would first like to thank all those that have picked out their favorite pictures from below. I think I heard from about 20 people in total, ½ on here and ½ that emailed me their favorites. I will be narrowing down my entries this weekend. I really appreciate all of your support.

Not much new is happening here. I have decided to go ahead and get laser eyes surgery done. I can’t go with the traditional kind where you can actually see the next day. I have thin corneas (Figures the one thin thing about me is the one thing you really don’t want to have be thin.) So this means I will be getting PRK done so I will not be able to see for about a week and it will take a month before it is completely healed. For those that are not familiar with PRK it basically means they burn the top layer of your cornea (the epithelium) off with a laser, then use the laser to reshape the cornea, the stick a protective lens over the cornea for a few days while the epithelium starts to grow back. Sounds painful and from what I hear it will be for a few days. Plus it means very blurry vision for about a week, and several weeks before the vision is stabilized while the removed layer of the cornea grows back. But I should be able to see well enough to drive and get back to my normal routine about a week after surgery. I promise to blog about it after I get it done. I am still working out the scheduling of it since I will need to take a week off from work while I recover.

Hopefully I will be seeing well enough 2 weeks after for my already planned road trip to Maine for my grandmother's 80th birthday..