Thursday, January 15, 2009

Why do I bother??

So I decided to give the online dating thing another try. I actually have profiles on a few sites but let my memberships lapse, it doesn't take long to remember why I let them lapse.

Now I will preface this with the reminder that I am 35, and I would say a young 35.(at least I don't act 35. LOL) Of the 10 or so people that have sent "flirts" or a message online 5 are over 60(seriously people 60???, guess they can't afford to retire so they are looking for a sugar momma) 3 were a little closer in age in the mid 50 range and the others were all Nigerian scammers (yes they flood online dating sites, even the LDS ones). Yes now I remember why I don't like the whole internet dating thing. I am sure there will be more interesting characters before long..

Oh and before anyone says I should make an effort to contact people I have sent at least 25 messages to guys on the site and guess how many have responded..... Zero. Yep and i even paid for this kind of rejection...

So if anyone is wondering if this will be the year my love life picks up I am going to go out on a limb and say probably not, but at least I can say i made the effort... Why do I bother?