Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Is 35 to old to Play with Dolls???

Okay I confess I am slightly obsessed with Blythe Dolls. I really want to get one of these dolls, she would be a blast to photograph. Now for any of you old enough to remember the original she was a short lived doll back in 1972 (Her color changing eyes kind of freaked kids out) but she has a new following and has started to be made again in 2001. You read about her history here.

I think she would practically be the perfect subject since I won't have to chase her to get pictures of her. You can buy all sorts of Wigs, hats, clothes,Stockings/Tights and other accessories for her. Of course the dolls themselves are hard to come by especially in the states even with Hasbro owning the rights to her.

Maybe one day I will have one or maybe even 2 of these stylin' dolls in my possession.



You can see more pictures of these unique dolls here.