Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fisrt annual Chili cook-off

So last night we had our first annual Chili cook-off and dance for our ward. The main goal was to have an adult social for people to be able to mingle. The Bishop even made it to the event despite his allergic reaction to ward Parties.





Although our group was fairly small (30-35 people) it was a lot of fun. If you ask me it was ALL about the music, but I might be a bit biased. Course the music did make the clean up go faster, and help a few burn off those chili calories.

Our small but highly efficient activities committee really pulled together a great night. The chili's were all great and all very different, which made it really fun. I tried them all and lived to tell the tale....

Our chefs were naturally overwhelmed when it came time to hand out the awards. Just look at Margie Beaming with her little Chili Pepper award.



and a few of our other big winners.








I might have not made any chili or cornbread for that matter but I still managed to come away with my own little chili Pepper. I am pleased to introduce Mr. Piquant Blaze Rufescent Toots or Bobbie for short.



Stay tuned for further adventures of Bobbie.