Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to me

And Happy Flag day to the rest of you..

So I am now 35 and am having a hard time believing it. I don't feel 35 and I certainly don't act 35..

I would have to say it has been a very Photography related birthday for me which is OKAY in my book. I mean who can complain about getting things you drool over on a weekly basis.

My mom gave me money a couple weeks back to help me buy my new camera which I LOVE, and she also bought me a Background stand and some clothes. We then got up and left the house at 5:30 am to head to Rices Flea market which was really fun.

Now I didn't want to have to carry my good camera with me all day but I did bring the point and shoot so I could snap a few shots.

We got an early start! Even the sun wasn't fully awake yet.




It gets pretty crowded but it isn't too bad if you get there before they open.








I wish I had my good camera to get a picture of some of the pretty flowers they were selling!!



If you get the chance by all means GO!! Here is a quick snapshot of some of what I got. Yes I got 4 pairs of sunglasses I couldn't pass it up at less than $5 a pair. Only bummer was I didn't find any photography props...



Oh and anyone remember banana clips from the 80's? I saw some and had to grab them for the next 80's party I go to!!!



Then on the way home we swung by the coach outlet where I got these little treasures.



Then we hit up costco. I got a couple of movies and another 4gb CF card... This is more shopping in one day than I have done in the last 6 months combined!!


From my aunt I got a monopod I have been wanting... It will come in handy when I don't feel like dragging the big tripod with me but feel I need a little extra stability. It is a welcome addition to my gear.

My grandmother (with the help of my mom) got me a lens pen, CF card holder and the new tripod head I have been wanting for a while now!! (My current one is starting to show some serious wear and is not always locking and staying in position.)

My dad and my other grandmother sent me birthday cash which is going towards the new lens I am hoping to purchase this week.

Even The dog, Grover, bought me a present. He got me three books. The digital photography book #2, Layers, and Understanding exposure. What a good little dog, now if he would only pose for pictures!!!

Well my mom and grandmother are taking me to an early dinner at the cheesecake factory so I should wrap this up so I can get ready to go.

I guess turning 35 wasn't so bad after all.