Monday, August 17, 2009

Back from vacation and an update on the house hunt

Just a quick post to let people know I am still alive. Once I manage to get through the couple thousand pictures I took last week I will post again with some pictures. Vacation was good although the time off was too short as usual.

It was great to see the friends and family I managed to see. I am super proud of my baby sister for graduating and getting into grad school which she starts in a couple weeks. Wish I got to spend more time with her then a few days here and there once or twice a year.

I was tired when I came home but had to reassemble my closet before I could crawl into bed. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to put the attic access in the top of the closet but it meant having my closet taken apart so that the mold remediation guy could crawl up there to make sure there was no spreading mold from an old roof leak. the good news ... No spreading mold, the bad news.. I still had to take a apart my closet and put it back together and we not have a hole in the ceiling where they cut the bad drywall out. Getting that repaired is next on the to do list.

The house hunt continues.. no luck yet finding a new place to live that meets our needs. It might take a while. We might have to go with new construction so we can customize something and that means most likely moving out of the ward boundaries, and the stake for that matter. Boo Hiss.